- Dramatic Weight Loss
- Dryness of the mouth
- Fruity Breath Odor
- Blurring of Vision
- Lack of Energy
What is the symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes?
The process by which food is broken down mechanically and chemically in the Gastro Intestinal Tract.
What is the process of digestion?
- Responsible for transportation, and temperature regulation.
- Required in large amounts throughout the day
- Most of the Human body is made of this.
What is Water?
Can be increased by 6.5 years with a healthy diet.
What is life expectancy?
2 identifiers needed which are:
What is patient proper identification?
- Close family that has it
- History of Cardiovascular Disease
What is the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
- 20 feet long
- Duodenum - first 10 in.
- Jejunum - middle 8 ft.
- Ileum - last 11 feet
- Essentiall where digestion takes place
What is the Small Intestine?
A state of complete physical, mental and social well being, not just the absence of disease of infirmity.
What is Health?
- Milk- Skim, Low Fat, Whole
- Meat- Very lean, lean, medium fat, high fat
- Fats - Monounsaturated, Polyunsaturated, and Saturated
What is the Food Exchange Lists?
- Light- Contains 1/3 fewer calories or 1/2 the fat of the original.
- More- Contains at least 10% more of the daily value for a particular vitami, mineral, or fiber than the usual serving.
- Good Source- 10-19% of the daily value for a particular vitamin, mineral or fiber.
What is Food Descriptors?
A group of metabolic diseases characterized by increased levels of glucose in the blood resulting from defects in Insulin Secretion, Insulin Action, or both.
What is Diabetes?
Produces Gastrin, stimulates gastric juices to aide in digestion and consists of folds that expand when full.
What is the stomach?
The chemical substances supplied by food that the body needs for 3 life sustaining functions source of energy or heat, support growth, maintenance and repair of tissues and regulate body processes.
What is Nutrients?
The process of adopting the values, attitudes, and behaviors of another culture.
What is Acculturation?
- Free- Tiny or insignificant amounts
- Low - Can be eaten fairly often without exceeding guidelines
- Extra Lean
What is more food descriptors?
-Transports and metabolizes glucose for energy
-Stimulates storage of glucose in the liver and muscle
-Signals the liver to stop the release of glucose
-Enhances the storage of fats in adipose tissue