First Class
Cabin/Tourist Class
General facts
Long Beach
Hauntings
100

Which room on the ship is three floors tall? 

The First class dinning saloon. 

100

Which room was located next to the tourist class swimming pool? 

The tourist class gymnasium

100

Why was 'C' deck changed to 'R' deck? 

Because passengers kept asking which deck the restaurant was on (R for restaurant). 
100

What is the only boiler/engine room space that is intact today? 

The aft-engine room. 

100

What is the name of the tour that takes you on a history of the ship's hauntings? 

Ghosts and Legends

200

Which deck is the first class lounge located on? 

Promenade Deck 

200

Which cabin class space became a 1950's-themed 'Beachcombers club' for teenagers during its final years? 

The cabin class overflow lounge. 

200

What year did Queen Mary first set sail? 

1934

200

Why were the lower decks of the ship mostly gutted/removed? 

Plans were to turn those spaces into an aquarium, which never got built. 

200

Which hotel room on the ship is claimed to be haunted? 

B340

300

What room used to be located next to the first class swimming pool? 

The Turkish Bath

300

Which First class room was re-assigned to tourist class in the ship's later years? 

The Observation bar

300

What was the ship used for during most of the 1940's? 

As troop transport during World War II

300
Which of these Cabin/tourist class spaces is still intact today?

A - Cabin class swimming pool

B - Garden lounge

C - Tourist class smoking room

D - Tourist class dinning room

B (mostly used as empty meeting room space but still exists). 

300

What was the name of the little girl that 'allegedly' drowned in the first class pool? 

Jackie

400

What was the name of the First class bar that was built in the long gallery during the ship's later years? 

The midship's bar. 

400

In the ship's later years, were tourist class passengers allowed to swim in one of the ship's pools? 

Yes, The first class pool would be reserved for tourist class for a short time window some mornings. The water was drained and replaced after each use. 

400

How many decks did the ship have (including its bridge) 

14

400

What year did Queen Mary retire from the seas?

1967

400

What was the name of the crew member that got crushed in 1966? 

John Pedder (crushed by door during routine safety drill). 

500

What was the name of the ship's exclusive restaurant that you had to pay extra to dine in? 

The veranda grill. 

500

Which room was used as a prayer space for the ship's Jewish passengers?

The scroll room (located on B-deck). 

500

Which deck was the dog kennels located on? 

Sports deck

500

Which space at the very back of the ship on B-desk was restored and can now be viewed by guests? 

The isolation ward

500

Which of these former spaces is NOT used for the ghost tours? 

A - Tourist class dinning room

B - Boiler rooms

C - Tourist class children's playroom

D - Water softening plant

C  

M
e
n
u