List 3 negative effects of stress. (there are more then three)
- Physical complaints (stomachaches, headaches, chest pains, nausea, and diarrhea, and a sensation of numbness or tingling in your hands, arms, and face.)
- Problems getting along with family members, friends, and teachers.
- Changes in behavior at home (short temper, unexplained anger, crying for no reason).
- Regression -- behavior that is not age-appropriate.
- Dysfunctional sleep patterns, including nightmares, too little sleep, difficulty falling asleep, or even oversleeping.
- Communication difficulty or personality changes, such as becoming withdrawn or requiring much more attention than usual.
- A fast heartbeat.
- A headache.
- A stiff neck and/or tight shoulders.
- Back pain.
- Fast breathing.
- Sweating, and sweaty palms.
- An upset stomach, nausea, or diarrhea.